Analyst allows you to compare your local authority or government office region with the nation in a variety of ways. This comparison will appear in a variety of reports however the simplest way to view this information is in an overview or a table.
By adding columns to a table, you can be more selective about how you view your data and how you compare this. You can add columns that reflect the national equivalent.
- Enter a table report. Add your industry/occupation and region
- Select ‘Custom Data Selection’
- Add the columns for your regional data.
- Select the blue dropdown at the top of the list and change to either ‘Gov’t office region’ or ‘National’
- Add the columns for your national data
- Click select at the bottom of the page and click ‘Run’
Any overview you select will have national comparisons at the top of the page. In some pages you can add a national comparison in the form of tables or graphs.
- Select either an ‘Industry’ or ‘Occupation’ overview
- Enter the select data and hit ‘Run’
- National data will appear as a comparison under each data heading
- If ‘Nation’ does not appear on the regional trends graph enter ‘Great Britain’ into the ‘Add Regions’ box