This tutorial will set out how LMI can be used to create a more sophisticated, targeted and business-like approach to apprenticeships by linking the to related occupations.
- Look at the Government apprenticeship standards for a specific apprenticeship course standard you would like to create an occupation list for. (Note: Apprenticeship standards are replacing apprenticeship frameworks) (Note: please be aware that only frameworks that are labelled as ‘approved for delivery’ are not subject to changes)
- Open the apprenticeship standard document
- Search for typical jobs roles and check education level (Note:By checking the education level you can search between apprenticeships and degree apprenticeships)
- Use the ONS Occupation Coding Tool to find the SOC codes and job titles for related occupations in the Apprenticeship Standard
- Use the Occupations gather to create an occupation group on Analyst
- Use this group for an occupation overview or occupation table
You have now created an occupation group that directly relates to apprenticeship occupations. You can now use this group to do and occupation overview or map this group to courses.