Focusing on one job per week can help promote skills gaps found in your local labour market and bring attention to under filled courses in schools and college. This tutorial is going to show you how you can find the information on Analyst to start a ‘job of the week’ promotion for your website or social media.
1. Decide on a career to focus on (We would suggest searching for skills gaps in your local area or focus on courses that are undersubscribed)
2. Chose ‘Occupations‘ and select ‘Occupation Overview‘
3. Enter your occupation and region into the selection, click ‘Run’
4. We recommend changing the timeframe to 2015- 2020
5. Here you will find information on growth, hourly earnings and current jobs
You can simply add a narrative explaining further how “the salary is very good!” or “This occupation is expected to grow by X% over the next X years! A really positive increase!”. You can also compare your region using the same graph.
6. To gather information about the skills required for this job
- Click ‘details’ at the top of the page
- Click the ‘Related O*Net occupation’
- Search the occupation in the search bar at the top of the page
- Click the most similar ‘O*Net occupation’
You may have another way of collating Knowledge and Skills for a given occupation, but Analyst contains all of this information for a huge number of careers, at the touch of a button, which will save you time!
7. Here you will see ‘Knowledge‘ and ‘Skills‘ related to the occupation, identified by Analyst.
8. Add further narrative to expand a little.
9. Finally, after bringing all of the information together, at the bottom I would suggest including a link to your courses on your website