In Analyst, you can search for average regional, occupation and industry earnings data. .
Average earnings for a region.
Regional average earnings can be found on the economic overview information tab. Whether you are looking for national or local data our economic over view can break down these averages by industry sector.
- Open an ‘Economic Overview‘ report
- Enter your chosen region and run the report
- Look for the ‘Average wages’
- If you would like a further breakdown, click the + button
Average earning for an occupation
Occupational earnings are shown as an hourly rate because this figure takes other types of benefits and irregular employment patterns into consideration. E.g Part-time, tips, commissions, bonuses. As this is not guaranteed annual wage, we average this hourly.
- Open the “Occupation Overview” in the occupation report
- Select your chosen occupation and region and click run
- Hourly earnings appear on the right hand side of the page
- For more information on percentile earnings, click on the +
Average earnings for an industry
Industry earnings are shown as a salary on Analyst. In contrast to occupation earnings, industry salaries are presented as annual figures as these are a guaranteed figure. The result of total industry earnings divided by same-year industry employment.
- Open the ‘Industry Overview‘ in the industry report
- Select your chosen industry and region and click run
- Yearly earnings appear on the right hand side of the page